Now that I have use of a faster computer I have begun to re texture my objects. However, as the sheep was one of the few that bothered me with its blurry texture, I have used this as a test subject. I have upped the resolution from 75 to 150 and edited its texture. From the base, I have also tried implementing a darker wood for the head and legs as to distinguish the wool.
I quite like 3 as to me it is the most successful as it presents the face quite nicely as well as the legs. With the legs in no 4 I moved the darker wood down a little as to represent some wool on the legs. I am unsure on this as it (to me at least) looks off.
There will need to be another go over to tidy up some lose bits but I am now more happy with how it stands.