Saturday 16 March 2013

Set Colour Tests 2

So here Ive gone through a few experiments. I went back to the purple (going on a comment from before) to see if I could push this to something that I both like and feel could work. I started off simply with greys as the norm then slowly went upon what I already had and adding to the colours and playing with tones.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9
Here I went a little to purple/dark for my liking so i drained out the colour a little for the next few, again playing withs tones to see what effects I could get.

10

11 

12

13

14

15

16

I then slowly went back to the purples. In the end I quite like the purple (not full on purple but an added tone of purple) as It dues make it feel like night time. 

With most of these Im not really getting the depth/ atmosphere with the purple like i did with simple tones in this lot and the lot before. In this lot I quite like 5-9 and 16 with the base purples. With the more tonal ones i liked 3-12 and 14. I quite like the added touch of purple but im still leaning towards more of a tonal background due to japanese colours (inks) are quite dull/drained (though not always) and I think a block purple colour is pushing it a little to far. Also with the tonal ones I find it has more depth and atmosphere.




No comments:

Post a Comment