Wednesday 12 March 2014

A Little Jiggle

So after seeing the orrery in the Dark Crystal and a little conversation about the food chain, I have had a little jiggle with ideas. Taking a step away from the normative design of orrerys, I have been looking around the idea of making a mechanical tree orrery. 

The reason behind it being a tree is, is that if I was to picture the food chain or the chain of the domino effect, I think the way I would see it in my mind would be in the form of a tree as everything is connected.

Here I have been looking at a mixture of metal/ mechanical trees as I like the idea of the constructed thing, symbolizing a tree with these very natural wooden objects symbolizing the bee etc.



1


2

These images (1,2) have a very cubic feel and are very interesting in its design. Un-natural yet somewhat natural?


3


4


5


6


7


8


9


10


11


12

I quite like 11 and 12 here as the mixture of wood and metal connecting with each other has a nice effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment